There’s a lot of debate about the “true” cost to build a log home.
That’s why I found a Golden Eagle Log Homes ad in the latest issue of Log Home Living magazine (December 2007) so interesting.
I appreciate the fact that they chose to face the facts and state upfront the “true” cost to build one of their log homes.
We specialize in affordably priced, high-quality homes ranging from $115 to $175 per sq. ft.”
In the ad, they listed the following estimated prices to build a log home from scratch.
Eagle Prow 5 typical completed log home cost:
- Log home package – 8″x8″ D full log $147,515
- Tax on log home package, average $8,113
- Building permit, average $1,500
- Dig basement and backfill $3,500
- Basement and flat work $19,600
- Plumbing labor $6,500
- Heating, furnace, A/C, labor & materials $8,000
- Electrical labor $9,000
- Floor covering; carpet, ceramic, etc. $7,680
- Carpentry labor, complete $63,400
- Interior wall T&G/drywall $6,100
- Labor for fireplace stone $3,000
TOTAL BUDGETED COST, COMPLETE $283,908*
*Cost varies by area (does not include lot costs).