Of course, kitchen cabinets are an important part of any home. But with log homes, your decision may be based on the theme of your log home itself.
- A set of dark-stained pine cabinets may fit the rustic log cabin theme much better than a set of white Victorian-era design cabinets.
- Wood cabinets may look better in a log home than metal or melamine veneer cabinets.
The cabinet decisions don’t stop there.
When remodeling or building a log home kitchen, you also have to decide on if you want stock cabinets, semi-custom, or custom cabinets.
- Stock cabinets usually costs less than anything that includes the word "custom."
- Custom cabinets will be worth the expense if you simply don’t like anything already on the dealers’ or warehouses’ shelves
- When you go custom, the options are boundless. Don’t scrimp on the cabinet designs that will give you more space, but don’t forget to stay within budget!
I’m a roller coaster junkie, a weather enthusiast, a frequent traveler, and a numismatist. My love for coins began when I was 11 years old. I primarily collect and study U.S. coins produced during the 20th century. I’m a member of the American Numismatic Association (ANA) and the Numismatic Literary Guild (NLG). I’ve also been studying meteorology and watching weather patterns for years. I enjoy sharing little-known facts and fun stuff about coins, weather, travel, health, food, and living green… on a budget.