This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy thru these links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Of course, kitchen cabinets are an important part of any home. But with log homes, your decision may be based on the theme of your log home itself.
- A set of dark-stained pine cabinets may fit the rustic log cabin theme much better than a set of white Victorian-era design cabinets.
- Wood cabinets may look better in a log home than metal or melamine veneer cabinets.
The cabinet decisions don’t stop there.
When remodeling or building a log home kitchen, you also have to decide on if you want stock cabinets, semi-custom, or custom cabinets.
- Stock cabinets usually costs less than anything that includes the word "custom."
- Custom cabinets will be worth the expense if you simply don’t like anything already on the dealers’ or warehouses’ shelves
- When you go custom, the options are boundless. Don’t scrimp on the cabinet designs that will give you more space, but don’t forget to stay within budget!
I’m a roller coaster junkie, a weather enthusiast, a frequent traveler, and a numismatist. My love for coins began when I was 11 years old. I primarily collect and study U.S. coins produced during the 20th century. I’m a member of the American Numismatic Association (ANA) and the Numismatic Literary Guild (NLG). I’ve also been studying meteorology and watching weather patterns for years. I enjoy sharing little-known facts and fun stuff about coins, weather, travel, health, food, and living green… on a budget. I work from home full-time as a journalist, reporter, and author.