This is tons of fun.
Cross-Vision is an online program (it’s FREE) that lets you see what various tile floors would look like — before you go to pick out your tile in the stores.
Check it out…
How To Do It
By experimenting online, you’re taking the guesswork out of buying flooring in the store!
#1 Select a room (kitchen/dining room, bathroom, living room, entry room)
#2 Select a product (more than 30 to choose from)
#3 Select a size (1″ up to 18″) and a pattern (diagonal, checkerboard, specialty, etc.)
#4 Select a grout color (20 to choose from)
#5 Select a border (nearly 450 choices!)
Ready? Set? Go!
Note: you do have to register with each of these programs in order to use them. But that’s because they need a way to bring up your uploaded photo(s) after you’ve saved your favorite ideas.
- Start with the Cross-Vision Tile Chooser where you can pick and choose various tiles online.
- Arizona Tile has a similar floor visualizer program called Just Imagine. They have a good step-by-step tutorial on how to use it.
- Check out American Olean’s Envision Your Room online design program. You can use their rooms as samples, or download your own photo of a room in your house.
- Armstrong’s Virtual Room Designer helps you visualize bedroom designs, kitchen designs and more. Choose the room you like and add flooring and paint!
- Shaw Floors lets you Try On A Floor and organize your flooring ideas with ease.
- Congoleum, the resilient flooring expert, has a Room Vision program that lets you see different types of vinyl flooring in dozens of real room scenes — either theirs or your own.
I like to help people find unique ways to do things in order to save time & money — so I write about “outside the box” ideas that most wouldn’t think of. As a lifelong dog owner, I often share my best tips for living with and training dogs. I worked in Higher Ed over 10 years before switching gears to pursue activities that I’m truly passionate about. I’ve worked at a vet, in a photo lab, and at a zoo — to name a few. I enjoy the outdoors via bicycle, motorcycle, Jeep, or RV. You can always find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).