So I did a little digging and found some interesting ones.
Some of the following celebrity log homes are considered vacation homes or part-time residences.
But how many celebrities actually live in just one home year-round anyway?
Check out which celebrities own log cabins…
Celebrity Log Homes
[Click names to see pictures and details about the log homes]
- Dan Aykroyd‘s log home
- Muhammad Ali‘s world-famous training camp in Deer Lake, Pennsylvania where he built a spacious ranch house for himself, an additional log cabin for his wife and children, another log cabin for his parents, and 18 more log cabins to house up to 100 people. (More here.)
- Mel Blount‘s rustic but stylish log cabin that was constructed of northern white pine in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Tom Brokaw‘s log home is a guest house that is situated next to his ‘ordinary’ home in Montana. (More here.)
- James Brolin‘s log home (More here.)
- Liz Claiborne‘s log home is a 9,000 square foot 2 bedroom house in Seely Lake, Montana.
- Bill Cosby‘s log home (More here.)
- Tom Cruise‘s log home in Telluride, Colorado is 13,000 square feet (More here.)
- Jamie Lee Curtis built a log home in northwest U.S. (More here.)
- Charlie Daniels lives in a split-level log home on a hilltop with just over 200 acres east of Nashville in Mt. Juliet. (More here, here, here and here.)
- Oscar De La Hoya (More here and here.)
- Patrick Duffy (More here.)
- Clint Eastwood (More here.)
- Michael Eisner
- Queen Elizabeth II
- Thom Filicia‘s log home is 2,415 square feet and sits on 1.19 acres of land in Skaneateles, New York
- Harrison Ford (More here.)
- Bill Gates
- Billy Graham (More here.)
- Kelsey Grammer‘s 8,230 square foot log home in Beaver Creek, Colorado
- Jack Hanna
- Goldie Hawn & Kurt Russell
- Rita Hayworth & Orson Welles
- Alan Jackson‘s log cabin guest house, next to his hotel-like mansion — which is now for sale — in Franklin, Tennessee.
- Michael Keaton
- Ralph Lauren‘s log home in Montauk, Colorado which sits on a 15,000+ acre ranch (NOTE: He also has a refurbished Airstream trailer that is loaded with rustic, log cabin features)
- Patti Lupone
- Karl Malone
- Barbara Mandrell
- Paul McCartney & Heather Mills (Here’s an update.)
- Michael Moore
- Tommy Mottola‘s log home in Snowmass Village, Colorado is 15,000 square feet. (More here and here.)
- Jim Nabors
- Willie Nelson
- Greg Norman‘s log home in Meeker, Colorado sits on 11,000+ acres of land. (More here and here.)
- Yoko Ono
- Brad Paisley & Kimberly Williams-Paisley
- Gregory Peck‘s log cabin was originally a shooting lodge built in the 1920’s in Garden Grove, California where he spent 14 months recording the audio cassettes of the New Testament. (More here.)
- Jill Rappaport (More here.)
- Charles Schwab (He has a log cabin style office too.)
- Jerry Seinfeld‘s log home in Telluride, Colorado is 14,200 square feet and sits on 26 acres (more here and here)
- Jim Stafford
- Sylvester Stallone‘s log home is 10,000 square feet in Thousand Oaks, California. (More here.)
- Aaron Tippin (More here.)
- Ted Turner (Pictures of Ted’s log cabin are hard to find.)
- Jesse Ventura
- Dick Vermeil
- Robert Wagner‘s log home on 7.5 acres in Aspen, Colorado
- Patrick Warburton
- Hank Williams, Jr.
- Oprah Winfrey
- Steve Young
Even if your log home turns out to be only 2.700 square feet instead of 27,000, only half a million American families can say they live in any size log home. So, all log home owners, regardless of square footage, qualify as very exclusive company.
–Log Homes Illustrated
I like to help people find unique ways to do things in order to save time & money — so I write about “outside the box” ideas that most wouldn’t think of. As a lifelong dog owner, I often share my best tips for living with and training dogs. I worked in Higher Ed over 10 years before switching gears to pursue activities that I’m truly passionate about. I’ve worked at a vet, in a photo lab, and at a zoo — to name a few. I enjoy the outdoors via bicycle, motorcycle, Jeep, or RV. You can always find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).