This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to yourself.
I got an email from Jeroen Bekkers, the creator of FloorPlanner.com today:
Hi there. We made an online tool to create and share interactive floorplans. It can be found at floorplanner.com. I thought you might like it as we see a lot of people creating cabin/log homes with it.”
So I spent the afternoon playing with this free online tool.
Check it out…
- It’s FREE.
- You can save up to 5 layouts.
- It’s easy to share your room designs with friends & family, or make your layouts viewable to the public.
- On first glance, it was a little intimidating, with no real instructions. Just do what I did: jump in and start clicking & dragging and see what happens!
TIP: Don’t skip the “create” box that pops up on your screen. There are some helpful hints for using this program in there!
- After you place any object in your room, you can click once to change the dimensions, colors, etc of that item.
- For more helpful how-to’s and tips, check out their blog.
The verdict: I like it!!!
FloorPlanner.com is very flexible and allows you to change lots of minute details that other free programs don’t.
It’s a professional design tool that makes designing any room a cinch.
Other Online Room Planners
Looking for online tools similar to this one, but different? Programs like these definitely make it easy to design and decorate all the rooms in your house!
They’re great because they let you to see exactly how things will look inside the rooms of your house without having to just visualize it in your mind.
Like FloorPlanner.com, most of these tools also permit you to enter your exact room dimensions. Some even allow you to draw in objects of your own choosing.
Roomtodo …from Roomtodo
Arrange A Room …from Better Homes & Garden
Planning Wiz …from A2Z Home Center
Room & Furniture Planner …from Ashley Furniture
Here’s one online planner that might be worth paying for: Icovia Space Planner. Take a test drive for free; then decide if it’s worth the $29/mo fee. You can cancel anytime, and get unlimited saves.
More Home Decorating & Design Tools
- Bathroom Design Tools & Standard Sizes To Consider
- How To Calculate Sizes & Spaces When Estimating Building & Remodeling Costs
- Choose Paint Colors For Your Rooms With These FREE Online Color Tools
We’ve gone through the entire process of designing and planning every single detail of our dream log home! We have the blueprints… and the land… and the contractor… and the goal for our log cabin home to be our retirement home. Before you build (or buy) a log home, I have a slew of helpful tips for you — to plan, design, build, decorate, and maintain your very own rustic modern log home. When I’m not fine-tuning the log home of my dreams, you’ll find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites). To date, I’ve written nearly 300 articles for current and future log home owners on this site! Many of them have over 50K shares.